Sunday, March 16, 2008

You don't want to do it like that......

I'm usually quick to mention poor service that I experience in France but today was an exception. I popped into Weldoms to see if I could find a pâte to fill small holes in a metal pipe. It was visual rather than structural so I was even prepared to consider a wood filler as long as it did the job. The first guy looked at me as if I was mad and said that I should weld it. Knowing that he could have been a bit more helpful, I set off to search the store. The obvious place to look was in the wood fillers but there was such an array of products that I lingered more than usual. I young assistant sidled up, asked if he could help and within two minutes I was offered a choice of products and found what I wanted. What a contrast.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Alex, I know where you are coming from.The service here has improved over the years but it still runs hot and cold.
love the jokes by the way.

mark

Alex said...

Thanks Mark. You're very kind.

mpprh said...

Just to say ...........

Weldom, Sommieres is under new management.

The old manager, Hubert, is doing DIY projects with his girlfriend. For clients, you understand.

Peter