Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It's not easy being a man


The first conversation goes like this:


Jan: (Shouting from the next room) What clothes do you want to take to Italy?


Me: Jeans, blue and red jumpers (the ones with the holes in) and a couple of t-shirts.


Jan: You can't wear that! You'll look scruffy.


Me: (Inwardly happy) OK darling, you chose.


Jan then picks what I will wear and packs the case.


The second, a phone conversation, a few weeks later, goes like this:


Me: Hi mum, how are you?


Mum: (Who never answers directly but always starts her own conversation) Thanks for the photos that you took in Italy. I presume that it was Jan that sent them?


Me: Yes, I'll tell Jan that you are pleased.


Mum: You are still wearing that hooped jumper. I've told you before that horizontal stripes make you look even fatter (thanks mum!).


Me: Mum, please give me a break, I've been dressing myself for an awful long time now and between you and Jan it seems that I can't get anything right. But don't worry, I'll tell my packer not to include it in future.
Mum: Thank you to Jan for sending the photos.

No comments: