Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Austrian prisoner call centres


The thought of prison inmates running call centres in Austria made me think about how a typical call might go.


CC: Allo, und ow can I be ze helping of you?

Me: I'd like to buy a car.

CC: Vat make? Vee ave good prizes on ze VW und ze Mereceds.

Me: Well, I rather fancied a Daewoo Matiz. (I was going through a bad patch)

CC: How iz you spelligs zat?

Me: (Spells it out)

CC: How are you spelligs zat?

Me: (Spells it again)

CC: Is de wagen made in ze faterland?

Me: Oh forget it, I'll have a VW.

CC: Zat is und gut wagen. Und how iz you to maken ze payment?

Me: Can I pay with my credit card?

CC: Zertanly zur. Zat vill do nizely.

Me: (Gives credit card details)

CC: Und de tree liitle numbers on ze back und ze pinny numbers.

Me: (Thinks to self - something doesn't feel right about all this)

CC: Sank you sur. Ze wagen vill be wid you as zoon as it has bin stollen made.

No comments: