Friday, November 09, 2007

And what did you do today daddy?

I omitted to mention yesterday that we met a very interesting couple at the restaurant. She was English and he was French and they met many years ago when they were both performing in variety. She was a dancer and he was a 'foot juggler'. He lay on his back and juggled with his feet. Her history was that she lived out of a suitcase for many years with her parents, who were also in variety and he similarly. They had both travelled the world with their acts and had finally settled in Gard. You should have heard him wax lyrical about Blackpool. He loved it. One of the best places he had ever visited, he said. Hmnnnn, that's a very generous comment, but each to his own. Don't get me wrong, I like Blackpool. When I lived in Harewood, between Leeds and Harrogate, a lawyer friend organised a coach trip and we had a great time. Fish and chips, beer and the pleasure beach. I take it for what it is, but I can think of one or two warmer, sunnier places to spend my hols.

There are lots of jokes around at the moment and thought you might like this:

HER DIARY:

Saturday 20th October 2007

Saw him in the evening and he was acting really strangely. I went shopping in the afternoon with the girls and I did turn up a bit late so thought it might be that. The bar was really crowded and loud so I suggested we go somewhere quieter to talk. He was still very subdued and distracted so I suggested we go somewhere nice to eat. All through dinner he just didn't seem himself; he hardly laughed and didn't seem to be paying any attention to me or to what I was saying. I just knew that something was wrong. He dropped me back home and I wondered if he was going to come in; he hesitated but followed. I asked him again if there was something the matter but he just half shook his head and turned the television on. After about 10 minutes of silence, I said I was going upstairs to bed. I put my arms around him and told him that I loved him deeply. He just gave a sigh and a sad sort of smile. He didn't follow me up straight away but later he did, and I was surprised when we made love. He still seemed distant and a bit cold, and I started to think that he was going to leave me and that he had found someone else. I cried myself to sleep.

HIS DIARY:

Saturday 20th October 2007

Scotland lost. Gutted. Got a shag though.

No comments: