Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Don't talk to me like that



I still keep playing with my satnav (above), despite knowing the journey like the back of my hand. I play with it because it's the only way that I'll get to learn to use it properly. Anyway, we were travelling back from Nîmes again today when Jan made the observation, "At what point does the bloody thing tell you that you've done this journey a thousand times and when the hell will you know the route?" I suppose it's a fair question and it reminded me of the following. Open this page, download the clip which will open in Media Player, make sure your speakers are turned on and sit back. It's very funny.
Later, as we entered the village, Alain the artist pulled us over and invited us in for a quick drink. It was 14.30 and the last thing I really wanted was any booze but, being a man of high principal and low resolve, a drink it was. Lest I seem ungrateful Alain has always been the kindest, friendliest and most helpful man and he further demonstarted this by inviting us to dinner on Saturday. Such is village life. Aren't we lucky?

No comments: