Thursday, August 24, 2006

No flowers, just bring a stripper


This made me laugh. Do you think that maybe male mourners will outnumber female mourners?

***

We were sorry to see the Lloyds leave today. As Jan points out, she only has me to talk to now. They're a lovely family and we shall miss them all.

***

I didn't expect to have to spend several hours this afternoon standing up to my waist in the pool. When he fitted the auto refiller Pierre noticed that the pool was losing water from behind the skimmers, so we lowered the water level and got into the pool to best remove the skimmer covers. It's possible to do it from the top by lying on your stomach but this is very uncomfortable, and not as efficient, so in I went to effect a better job. It turned out to be a bigger job than expected, so that meant that I spent several hours in the pool. It wasn't warm, mainly because I was not moving about. Oh, the joys of pool ownership! Pierre is coming back tomorrow with a powerful waterproof compound that will fix any leak. They could have done with some of that on the Titanic!

No comments: