Saturday, June 21, 2008

Long lost

A few of us, including baby Kate, went to the market in Sommieres this morning and some, not baby Kate, had oysters. We met up with long lost Tara and, despite meeting Peter H who was flogging magazines, we all returned in a happy mood.

Staying on a long lost theme, early this afternoon, our long lost electrician called to say he would pop round for payment on some work that he completed over 2 years ago. When I rant from time to time that some workmen are what you might call indolent, this is what I mean. The Anglo Saxon side of me says that this is no way to run a business, the Latin side says, mañana. In their own way both sides are right. Who lives longer and happier?

With the heating now working again, the pool hit 30C this afternoon, warm enough to tempt a softy like me in. So I did.

No comments: