Saturday, February 02, 2008

A new experience


I've never seen floor tiles laid, let alone be involved in laying them and yesterday I was in charge of cutting the tiles to shape whilst the expert laid them. Good preparation is all but as we were trying to fix other people's mistakes it took a little longer than normal. You'll notice that I have not complained once, unlike some people who find a bit of decorating difficult! Next week I'll have a go at laying them myself.
After a few hours of being friendly neighbours Bryan, Jan and I treat ourselves to a few beers and their special pizza at 3 Brasseurs in Odysseum. Excellent beer and the pizza is much better than the one they make in Nimes.

***

The chap that lost Soc Gen several billion euros recently could always use the excuse that it was an administrative oversight. It's an excuse popular in English parliamentary circles at the moment and given the fact that he is becoming a bit of a cult figure here in France it's an excuse that should go down well.

No comments: