Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Love is an old pair of jeans


It was all good news today. First our lovely neighbours, the Lloyds, Gill, Katie and Tom arrived for a quick stay. I got my new garden sprayer working which allowed me to get out and nuke some weeds. We, the above, all went out for a nice meal in Sommieres and I found a pair of jeans that I didn't know I had. My last pair of work jeans had a big hole in the arse and so Jan, with an evil glint in her eye, ditched them. As an aside, Katie was wearing a $70 pair of torn jeans which she had recently bought on a trip to NY from Abercrombie and Fitch. If I'd only known, I'd have given sold her mine for $35. Anyway, Jan's callous action left me with no old jeans to wear in the garden, so she decided to sort me out an old pair of trousers by going through my wardrobe. Well, lordy, lordy, there they were, an old pair of work jeans at the bottom of the wardrobe, where they had been discarded, and that I'd forgotten about. I love old jeans. I have a very old pair that are like silk and that I've had patched so often that the last time I took them for mending to our couturier neighbour, she told me in no uncertain terms that I could buy a new pair from the market for 10 euros and that she wouldn't touch them again. And there I was thinking that Jan was callous!

No comments: