Friday, January 12, 2007

A watershed


Cracked it. For the time being, I will get no spam into my inbox. Our old email addresses have been ditched and we now use only Gmail. Whilst we could have used Hotmail, I'm a Google fan and decided to support them instead. Having used Gmail for some time now, any spam gets caught by their excellent spam filters so there is little to do other than delete en masse. However, this is the first time in years that I won't have to deal with tons of spam and I'm already starting to miss it. Whatever you say about spam, at least they write to you regularly which is more than you can say for your kids!


***


We took Max and Min to their new kennels this morning, prior to popping down to Barcelona for the weekend. I hope they behave. Within 2 minutes of meeting her, Min had pulled the Kennel Lady over whilst I had to plant my feet to keep Max in shape. She says she will take them for a walk on a lead, good luck to her!


***


The journey to Barcelona was uneventful but just a little fraught because the Spanish drive very fast and up close behind you. I was travelling at the maximum speed limit in the inside lane and all manner of stuff was passing me at a much, much greater speed. I suppose that because it was a Friday evening all these guys and gals were in a hurry to get home. A bit scary nonetheless.

No comments: