Monday, March 28, 2005

Wine tasting

For a while now, we have been searching for a good, reasonably priced, white wine. Given all my ailments, the doctor once told me (sorry I can't remember why) to lay off the red and drink only white. Fat chance, I thought, but I suppose I should make some effort. Every piece of information I've ever read about wine states that a couple of glasses a day of red wine are good for you. AH, THAT'S IT - it's 2 glasses not 2 bottles, now I understand!

Any way, in the furtherance of more market research, we nip over, with the LLoyds and their guests, to a very good winemaker in the village. We haven't been to see him for ages, don't ask me why, for not only is he a very good vigneron, he is also a very nice man. He shows us all around his cave which, as Jan says, makes shopping for wine far more interesting than going to Sainsburys, and then we sit in the sunshine under a Neflier tree (look it up yourself) sampling his whites, roses and reds. Seven bottles later we make the sober decision to buy several boxes and then make our very happy way back home.

No comments: