Friday, January 14, 2005

Hard to believe

The plumber turns up again today and we finish (we, because I can help him with simple two handed jobs and he gets more done) the pipe laying between the house and the garage. We will now have a shiny new robinet from which I can run the arrosage to Jan's new vegetable garden and the fruit trees. Does the smattering of French words please or irritate? Answers on a postcard to................

He leaves at lunch time saying that he has to go to the accountant this afternoon and will return later if he finishes early. Should I hold my breath?........I think not.

It's quiet over lunch - where's the dog? I have an overwhelming sense of dread and rush outside. Yup, Max has dug up over half the pipe that we carefully buried this morning and has started to eat the insulation. This is going to be a problem.

Thinks - solution - where's that dog/cat repellent spray we bought to stop cats, coming into the garden, and peeing on the terrace. That will sort him. I spray it liberally everywhere! I then spray a tissue with this stuff (he loves tissue) to watch him recoil in disgust.

HE EATS THE TISSUE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.





No comments: