Sunday, April 19, 2009

A lovely lunch

What a lovely lunch. I must admit that I wasn't really in the mood but we'd promised Liz (who had volunteered to prepare food) that we'd go, so off we went.

I'm glad we did. The purpose of the event was to raise money for St Michael's church in nearby Boissett. The venue was Domaind du Grand Chemin and Liz was the chef.

What a good do. Naturally Grand Chemin provided the wine, and as their Gris is one of our regular summer quaffers then I was bound to be a happy bunny.

Now, given that I'm a bit of an atheist (how can you be a bit of an aetheist? - Ed), I wasn't too sure what I was doing there. I felt a bit hypocritical but there were some lovely people so the time passed pleasantly.

The food was excellent because Liz surpassed herself. The following menu and all the wine that you could drink for 15 Euros a head. Amazing.

Lemongrass and Coriander Vichyssoise.
*
Pollo Tonnato (Poached chicken with tuna mayonnaise)
Terrine of Pork and Veal with Pistachio
Poached Salmon with Mayonnaise
*
Iced Brown Sugar meringue Gateaux

No comments: