Saturday, June 12, 2010

More wine tasting


After a picnic lunch at Elie's in Sommieres today, with James and Pauline, it was off for a little wine tasting over in Pic Saint Loup.

This was instigated after drinking a wonderful bottle of
Domaine de L'Hortus (Grand Cuvee 2007) last night. I'm talking a seriously good red here, the best I've had in a long time. So we set off trying to find something nice at one of the other vineyards that we hadn't yet visited.

First was
Ermitage du Pic Saint Loup above St Mathieu de Treviers followed by Chateau de Lancyre. Interestingly, I wasn't massively enamoured by the reds, not that they weren't good they just didn't ring my bell, but I loved both their top end whites.

From Ermitage it was a Roussanne, Clairette, Marsanne, Grenache mix and in the case of Lancyre a lovely Roussanne Marsanne mix. Both excellent and highly recommended.

And, before you start complaining, just remember that all this information is for free.

No comments: