Monday, September 04, 2006

Come on in, the water's lovely

As the last two healthy human beings able to walk, talk, eat and drink, Rebecca and I had dinner together last night. I suppose that as we had suddenly become 'carers' we both felt like a glass or two. Becs made pasta with a putanesca sauce, one of my favourites (most things are one of your favourites - Ed.) and I opened copious bottles of rosé. Later that night when Trevor emerged from his sick bed he came to join us out on the terrace. Offering him a drink, having had several myself, I'm told (this morning by Trevor) that I uttered the immortal words, "Come on into my world, it's lovely in here."

***

Because it was Sunday yesterday we were unable to get Jan to see a doctor so it was up early this morning to arrange a visit. My suspicion was that she has a recurrence of the blood poisoning that she had last year, and this was confirmed by the good doctor this morning. Poor Jan.

***

The pool got up to 28c this afternoon and I couldn't resist a dip. Not bad for September.

No comments: